Similar to how it functions on other platforms, Facebook retargeting uses a pixel that tracks site visitors, so if they leave without making a purchase, they’ll be presented with related ads the next time they log into Facebook to help increase the chances of conversion in the future.
How to use Facebook retargeting
To run a Facebook retargeting campaign:
- Install your Facebook Pixel
- Go to your Facebook business user interface
- Choose Audiences from the drop-down box
- Click on Create Audience, then Custom Audience
- Choose Website Traffic
- Decide which activity should trigger ads. For instance, you can choose for people to see your ad when they visit your website, see a specific page or haven’t
- Come to your profile in a certain amount of time.
- Design your ad
Best practices for Facebook retargeting
As with any kind of advertising campaign, it’s essential to have a strategy in mind. Making the most of your Facebook retargeting strategy means tracking your campaigns carefully with a tool, zeroing in on the right audience, and optimizing your ads.
Brought to you by
Try Vista Social for Free
A social media management platform that actually helps you grow with easy-to-use content planning, scheduling, engagement and analytics tools.
Get Started Now
- Segment your audience. Customizing your ads to suit specific audiences will improve your chances of click-throughs and conversions.
- Exclude past purchases. Make sure you’re not targeting audience members who have already bought the product you’re trying to sell.
- Optimize your landing pages. When people arrive on your website, make sure they know what to do next.
- Set up schedules. Run your ads on the times and days that your audience is most likely to be online.
- Use dynamic ads. Adapt dynamic ads to remind your customers of the specific products they were looking at on your site.
- Track and measure. Use tools like Vista Social to track the performance of your campaigns and optimize them in the future.